What is B.Com?
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) is a three-year undergraduate course that offers knowledge in Finance, Taxation, Banking, Business, Law, Accountancy, etc. This degree is ideal for students looking to build a career in trading, or numeric activities.
Specialiastions for Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Banking and Finance
- Banking and Insurance
- Bank Management
- Financial Management
- Accounting and Finance
- Finance and Control
- Computer Applications
- Business Management
- Business Administration
- Business Economics
- Marketing Statistics
Eligibility Criteria for B.Com
The following are the criteria to enrol for a Bachelor of Commerce program:
- Candidates who have given their class 12 board exams are eligible to apply
- Candidates who had Economics, Maths, Accounts, etc. are eligible to apply.
- Students expecting their board results in class 12 can also apply.
Entrance Exams for B.Com
Here are some entrance exams that students of Bachelor of Commerce can sit for:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Chartered Accountancy Exam (ICAI CA).
- Institute of Company Secretary of India, Company Secretary Exam (ICSI CS).
- Institute of Cost and Work Accountants, Cost and Management Accountancy Exam (CMA).
- Chartered Financial Analysis Exam (CFA).
- Common University Entrance Test (CUET).
- Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET).
- Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPU CET).
- Ajeenkya DY Patil University Common Entrance Test (ACET).
- Christ University Entrance Exam
- Aligarh Muslim University Entrance Exam (AMU Entrance Exam)
- Jamia Milia Islamia Entrance Exam
- Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET)
- Banaras Hindu University Post Graduate Entrance Test (BHU PET)
- Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET)
Aptitude for studying B.Com
Here are some skillsets that students pursuing a Bachelor of Commerce should possess:
- Quick Thinking Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Multi-tasking Skills
- Adaptability Skills
- Ability to be committed to their work
- Core Confidence
- Critical Analysis Skills
- Good Communications Skills
- Numeric Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Should be able to coordinate with his team well
- Logical Reasoning
Syllabus for B.Com
Following are the subjects that students of Bachelor of Commerce study:
- Human Resource
- Logistics Management
- Information Management
- Labour Relations
- Management Science
- Industrial Psychology
- Politics and Public Policy
- Transport Economics
Career Prospects/Placements for B.Com students
Mentioned below are some job profiles that students of Bachelor of Commerce get placed in:
- Sales Analyst
- Stock Broker
- Business Analyst
- Corporate Manager
- Finance Manager
- Operations Manager
- Accounts Manager
- Business Consultant
- Tax Consultant
Starting Salary for Bachelor of Commerce students
The starting salary for B.Com professionals in India is between 1-10LPA depending on their job profile.
Subjects similar to Bachelor of Commerce
Students with an affinity towards studying B.Com might find CA, CS, Finance, Banking, Economics, Accountancy, Taxation, Statistics, etc. interesting.