Hockey fans, park your vehicles right
Police said the area adjacent to the Kalinga Stadium would be vehicle free between 2pm and 10pm for matches starting from Wednesday
- Published 28.11.18, 4:35 PM
- Updated 28.11.18, 4:35 PM
- 2 mins read
The administration has set up eight parking lots for the Men’s Hockey World Cup.
Police said the area adjacent to the Kalinga Stadium would be vehicle free between 2pm and 10pm for matches starting from Wednesday.
For parking four-wheelers and two-wheelers, eight places have been designated in the city. Barring Janata Maidan, where parking is free, people have to pay a parking fee of Rs 50 for a four-wheeler and Rs 25 for two-wheeler in the remaining lots.
Police have identified the Old AG Colony ground in Shastri Nagar, Durga Puja ground at Nayapalli and the Idcol ground near Hotel Crown for parking of four-wheelers.
Besides, the two-wheelers can be parked near the four-wheeler parking place at the Old AG Colony ground in Shastri Nagar, the ground at the Behera Sahi in Nayapalli near Gate No. 2 of the Kalinga Stadium and the Ravan Podi ground at Nayapalli. Provision has also been made for parking four-wheelers and two-wheelers along Nicco Park road, where the vehicle owners will have to pay to park t heir vehicles.
“Baring vehicles with valid passes, nothing else will be allowed near the venue. Spectators need to travel in public transport to reach the stadium,” said a police officer.
According to a police notification, people coming from Nayapalli and Khandagiri need to park their four-wheelers at Nayapalli Durga Puja ground and Idcol ground near Hotel Crown.
Similarly, those coming in two-wheelers from the same direction can park at Ravan Podi ground and then walk to the stadium. For people coming from Nandankanan area, Janata Maidan will be the place to park their vehicles. Provisions of Mo Bus service have been made to take the people from Janata Maidan to the Kalinga Stadium and the city festival venue at the Unit-III Exhibition Ground.
ANSWERS TO YOUR CUP QUERIES
16 nations will vie to lift the world cup. The countries are:
Pool A: Argentina, New Zealand, Spain, France
Pool B: Australia, England, Ireland, China
Pool C: Belgium, India, Canada, South Africa
Pool D: Netherlands, Germany, Malaysia and Pakistan
- This is the third time India is hosting the world cup after 1982 in Mumbai and New Delhi in 2010
- India has qualified for the cup for a record 14 times and had won in 1975
- Pakistan is the most successful team as it has lifted the cup four times
- Olly, an olive ridley sea turtle, is special as it the permanent mascot for all sports events, both national and international, to be held in Odisha
- Two Odia players — Amit Rohidas and Birendra Lakra — will wear the Indian jersey in this edition of the cup
- All the cup matches will be played at Kalinga Stadium, which was built in 1978