A 64-year-old patient died at a hospital in Delhi’s Rohini area in the early hours of Saturday after his oxygen support was disrupted because of a fire at the facility, officials said.
The fire, apparently caused by a short circuit, broke out on the third floor of Brahm Shakti Hospital, Pooth Khurd, the officials said.
The information regarding the fire was received around 5am, following which police reached the spot and called fire tenders, deputy commissioner of police (Rohini) Pranav Tayal said.
Delhi Fire Services (DFS) director Atul Garg said a total of nine fire tenders were rushed to the spot. The fire has been completely doused.
All were safely rescued except one patient, who was admitted to the ICU and on a ventilator support, he said.
Holi, a kidney patient and resident of Prem Nagar, was taken out but he died because of the disruption in power and oxygen support, Tayal said.