Advertisement


Fire Accident
Calcutta  /  Published 18.10.20

Early morning blaze at LIC Building, three injured

A fire broke out early on Sunday on the third floor of LIC Building on Central Avenue, barely 500m from Moon House on GC Avenue where a fire had claimed two lives on Friday night. Eyewitnesses said t...
By Our Special Correspondent in Calcutta

Calcutta  /  Published 18.10.20

Brief visit to homes damaged by fire

An official of the Calcutta Municipal Corporation (CMC) said the civic body was yet to receive any formal request from the police about Moon House. If such a request comes, the CMC asks the owners and...
By Our Bureau in Calcutta

Calcutta  /  Published 17.10.20

Rethink on meter box location: Hakim

The fire brigade and the CESC have to think about old houses with electric meter boxes below staircases and close to exits, Firhad Hakim, the chairperson of the CMC’s board of administrators, sa...
By Subhajoy Roy in Calcutta

Calcutta  /  Published 17.10.20

Meter box blaze cuts off exit, kills 2

...
By Kinsuk Basu in Calcutta

Calcutta  /  Published 17.10.20

Moonhouse and a mindset

Moon House on 21 GC Avenue was next to the building in which I lived — as in sharing the same wall and joined at the hip so to speak. It is a building I knew best after my own by the virtue of ...
By Mudar Patherya in Calcutta

India  /  Published 08.10.20

Odisha petrol pump fire mishap victim dies

Odisha chief  secretary A.K. Tripathy asked the district collectors to consider the possibility of opening up places of worship for the public and submit and report to the government in the next ...
By Subhashish Mohanty in Bhubaneswar

Jharkhand  /  Published 26.09.20

STATE DIGEST: Partial nude demonstration for BSL jobs

A massive fire broke out in the godown of the Shriram Sales at Bhalotia lane on Friday. About half a dozen fire extinguishers took eight hours to douse the flames completely, and saved other shops lo...
By in

Calcutta  /  Published 25.09.20

Salt Lake civic body blaze

A fire broke out on the third floor of Poura Bhavan, the headquarters of the Bidhannagar Municipal Corporation in Salt Lake’s FD Block, on Friday evening. A meeting of outgoing councillors was ...
By A Staff Reporter in Salt Lake

Calcutta  /  Published 25.09.20

Clothes on fire, lady chokes on fume

An 83-year-old woman died apparently after inhaling carbon monoxide after her clothes caught fire from a diya she had lit while offering her prayers at her New Alipore home on Friday morning, police s...
By Our Special Correspondent in New Alipore

World  /  Published 22.09.20

Arson tag on Pakistan fire killing 260

Pakistan’s deadliest industrial fire, which killed more than 260 garment factory workers in 2012, was a case of arson and not an accident, a court ruled on Tuesday as it sentenced two former pol...
By Reuters in Karachi


Advertisement

Download our latest App

to get update on the go...

Advertisement

Advertisement
 
Copyright © 2020 The Telegraph. All rights reserved.