Advertisement

2021 Bengal Assembly Elections
West Bengal  /  Published 30.04.21

80% voting in three rural districts

The eighth and final phase of Bengal Assembly elections in which voting was held in 35 constituencies on Thursday witnessed 76.07 per cent turnout till 5pm, but the polling was less in seven north Cal...
By Pranesh Sarkar in Calcutta

Calcutta  /  Published 23.04.21

A day to celebrate democracy

By Sanat Kumar Sinha in

Calcutta  /  Published 09.04.21

‘My trump card is the work I have done’

He had removed hawkers from Salt Lake. Our government has a policy. If we evict hawkers, we will rehabilitate them. Mamata Banerjee does not snatch livelihood of poor people. Sabyasachi Dutta does n...
By Sudeshna Banerjee in Salt Lake

Calcutta  /  Published 09.04.21

Ground floor must for all polling stations

The booths in Gyan Mancha, on the first floor of Purbachal market, for instance, will be shifted to temporary structures that have come up at the ground level and on the playground. A booth in St Fran...
By Sudeshna Banerjee in Salt Lake

West Bengal  /  Published 10.03.21

Didi's shankhadhwani versus BJP's 70:30 card

Mamata Banerjee has chosen Nandigram to launch the second biggest battle of her life, too, taking by the horns the bull of polarisation and daring the proponents of the BJP’s brand of Hindutva t...
By Meghdeep Bhattacharyya in Calcutta

Advertisement

West Bengal  /  Published 09.03.21

EC orders removal of Bengal DGP

The Election Commission on Tuesday ordered removal of Virendra as the Director General of Police of poll-bound Bengal with immediate effect, and appointed P Nirajnayan in his place. In a directive to...
By Our Bureau, Agencies in Calcutta/New Delhi

West Bengal  /  Published 08.03.21

Modi happy with Brigade Parade Grounds turnout

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said on Brigade Parade Grounds here that he had seen such a big crowd for the first time in his long political career. “In my political career I had the o...
By Snehamoy Chakraborty, Arkamoy Datta Majumdar in Calcutta

Thousands of women march at Mamata rally

Thousands of women came out on the streets of Siliguri on Sunday to march with Trinamul supremo Mamata Banerjee and other women leaders of her party in protest of the LPG price hike. In the run-up to...
By Avijit Sinha, Bireswar Banerjee in Siliguri

Modi mocks Mamata, sidesteps fuel hike

On Sunday, the price of petrol in Calcutta was Rs 91.35 a litre and diesel Rs 84.35 a litre while the cost of an LPG cylinder touched Rs 845. Amid the hike, Mamata Banerjee government reduced petrol a...
By Snehamoy Chakraborty in Calcutta

Matuas unhappy with Trinamul list

The chief of a Matua outfit allegiant to the Trinamul Congress has said the party should have fielded two-three members of the community in the Assembly polls and claimed she had been offered candidat...
By Subhasish Chaudhuri in Gaighata

Advertisement

Download our latest App

to get update on the go...

Advertisement

Advertisement

Copyright © 2020 The Telegraph. All rights reserved.