Advertisement

Home / North-east / Mosque entry ban for Tablighi Jamaatis

Mosque entry ban for Tablighi Jamaatis

A decision had been taken to take action if any person from the mosques participates in Tablighi Jamaats in future as well
Members of the Tablighi Jamaat leave from LNJP hospital and head towards the quarantine centre in New Delhi on Tuesday.

Neelim Akash Kashyap   |   Nalbari   |   Published 25.04.20, 07:26 PM

Entry of Tablighi Jamaat members have been banned strictly in at lease two mosques in Assam.

The Sahan Masjid Committee of Rangya in Kamrup district has even put a notice, prohibiting entry of those who had attended tablighi (preaching) congregations. Sources in the mosque committee in Sahan village said they had completely banned the entry of Tablighi Jamaatis in the mosque.

“We have decided this after a discussion with the local residents,” an imam said, adding, “attendance of the jamaatis who had attended Nizamuddin Markaz congregation, is very strictly banned.”

The assistant secretary of the Anjuman-e-Islamia, a social organisation, Jakir Hussain, informed about a similar decision of ban on entries for Tablighi Jamaatis in a mosque of Puranigudam in central Assam’s Nagaon district.

Several others mosques across the state have also adopted similar resolutions.

Sources in Sahan and Puranigudam mosque management committees said a decision had been taken to take action if any person from the mosques participates in Tablighi Jamaats in future as well.

Meanwhile, complying with the rules of nationwide lockdown and the need for social distancing, the Muslims in Assam have this time been offering tarabih namaz from their respective homes in the evening.

Several Islamic leaders in the state including Hussain, Burha Jame Masjid committee general secretary Nizamul Haque and others have appealed to the people to offer namaz from homes.

Meanwhile, after a discussion with the mosque committees, the Nalbari district administration has decided to deliver fruits and fish at doorsteps.

“As the fasting during the holy Ramazan month started from Saturday, we have decided on doorstep delivery of fruits in every ward of Nalbari and we have started the process from today,” Nalbari deputy commissioner Bharat Bhushan Dev Choudhury said on Saturday. 

Advertisement


Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
 
 
 
Copyright © 2020 The Telegraph. All rights reserved.