Prisma and we
Prisma — the app that makes Instagram filters look lame!
- Published 20.07.16
WHAT IS PRISMA:
A new app by Prisma Lab that’s turning digital photographs into works of art. The iOs app has been developed by Russian programmer Alexey Moiseenkov. Coming soon to Android phones!
TIPS & TRICKS
• Using the rear camera has better results than the front camera.
• Prisma has over 30 filters and they are all different from Instagram.
• If you do not wish for the original picture to get transformed completely, just slide a finger on the snap and adjust the intensity of the Prisma filter.
• Yes, you can get rid of the Prisma watermark. Just go to ‘Settings’ and toggle the ‘Enable Watermarks’ option.
• Though it is a speed processing editing app, it’s definitely not as quick as Instagram. So be patient! You may also be unable to edit a snap because many people could be using the app simultaneously.
DECODING 5 PRISMA FILTERS
• Heisenberg: Think bold and heavy B&W strokes. Do not try this filter if the picture has poor lighting, it will only make it darker.
• Udnie: This filter is named after the famous oil-on-canvas by Francis Picabia. This works well with anything from a busy road to a portrait, making it look like a poster.
• Marcus D-Lone Wolf: Ideal for portraits. Girls, try it with your hair open and see the magic! We also love how it makes the eyebrows so bold and nice.
• Roland: This filter will make landscapes look straight out of a painting book. Try it on a busy lane or an empty office.
• Mosaic: Add mosaic-like touches to your hair, brows or eyeballs... just like Alia Bhatt did!
SWASTIKA MUKHERJEE, A PRISMA FANGIRL, EDITS A PICTURE FOR T2
The picture we started out with: A selfie she clicked with daughter Anwesha on Marine Drive in Mumbai.
Where did she first hear about Prisma: “On Facebook. Ever since I found out about it I have been busy editing my pictures on it!”
One feature she likes about Prisma: “Once you’ve used a filter, the picture gets saved automatically. Unlike Insta where the only way to save it is by uploading it.”
One Prisma complaint: “That notification by Prisma about the app being used by a lot of people at the same time, so I can’t save my picture then!”
FILTER ONE: CURLY HAIR
The fact that it looks like it’s been drawn with a pencil. And moreover, I love black-and-white pictures! However, I wish it didn’t stress on my laugh lines as much!
FILTER TWO: TEARS
It looks like it’s actually painted by hand and not artificially done on an app. Oh, and the lavender tint to it is amazing!
FILTER THREE: WAVE
It looks like it’s been done with water colours. Growing up I used to love painting with water colours and poster colours and I still do — especially when I help out Mani (Anwesha) with her school projects (laughs)!
FILTER FOUR: RUNNING IN THE STORM
It looks like a really well-clicked picture instead of an edited one, with our hair flying in the wind. Plus, we’re both wearing blue which this filter accentuates and makes it look flattering.
And I love the name. It goes with my personality... running in the storm!
Text: Pramita Ghosh & Riddhima Khanna
Which is your favourite filter on Prisma and why?