All set for a 'happy' holi? t2 tells you how to keep that hangover less brutal the day after. Have fun!
COCKTAILS TO AVOID
* Long Island Iced Tea
* Red Bull with Jagermeister
* Flaming Lamborghini
* Cocktails that are safer
* Traditional cocktails like classic martinis and mojito
We don’t assure you a complete cure, but this is what is tried and tested:
* Have a light but filling breakfast
* Drink lots of water all through the day
* Have black coffee without sugar
* Have coolants like cucumber, pineapple, aloe vera juice to diminish the heartburn
* Get proper sleep
* Do not indulge in self-medication. Go to a doctor if the headache, heartburn or dehydration is severe.
“Keep your dinner light (as in not rich and spicy) and dry if possible. You will not feel too sick afterwards. You cannot avoid a hangover though. If you have been drinking, the alcohol will take its own sweet time to get out of your body. No matter what you do, it will hit you after a point. When you wake up with a hangover, drink a lot of water and eat fruits. Keep yourself hydrated,” says Shantanu Bhattacharjee, senior bar executive, Myx.
“Do not drink on an empty stomach. Have a lot of protein and cheese for dinner before you hit the parties. Cheese delays the absorption of alcohol, adding bitters to the drink also helps to an extent. However, if you have a hangover, have black coffee without sugar,” says Sudip Das, senior bartender, Nocturne.