Priming it up
Primer the name says it all. It not only helps to prime the face but also preps it up, a little primer goes a long way. It helps the foundation to sit better, aids smooth application and makes it long lasting.
1. Pores get blurred, they don’t tend to look bigger or stretched
2. It helps in smooth application of foundation, applying it before
the foundation it provides your skin with a nice velvety texture.
3. Primer increases the longevity of the makeup and makes it last longer in heat and sweat too
4. Mattifies the oily skin, primer creates the barrier between products and the skin and controls the oil coming on to the surface, it allows the makeup to stay perfect
5. Hydrating, some primers are also good for dry skin A good hydrating primer keeps your skin moisturised under a layer of makeup .
6. Reduces the redness and appearance of blemish So there are umpteen types of primers, you have to choose according to your skin type requirements.
For example, for an acne prone skin, a mattifing primer is good. For dry skin, hydrating primer is good. And so on.
Now there are other types of primers also available like colour correcting primers used by makeup artists. Primers also come in spray foam that preps the skin . Primers should always be used before any foundation but after moisturising . Primers should definitely be used before applying the foundation.
The columnist manages Ishrat’s Hair & Skin Studio, Lord Sinha Road, Calcutta. Contact @ishratansar