Advertisement

Home / West-bengal / Calcutta / Early morning blaze at LIC Building, three injured

Early morning blaze at LIC Building, three injured

The fire appears to have started from some inflammable items in the kitchen: Officials
Eyewitnesses said they were awakened by explosion-like sounds around 3am on Sunday and saw black fumes coming out of the fourth floor of  LIC Building at 22 Central  Avenue.

Our Special Correspondent   |   Calcutta   |   Published 19.10.20, 02:25 AM

A fire broke out early on Sunday on the third floor of LIC Building on Central Avenue, barely 500m from Moon House on GC Avenue where a fire had claimed two lives on Friday night.

Eyewitnesses said they were awakened by explosion-like sounds around 3am on Sunday and saw black fumes coming out of the fourth floor of LIC Building at 22 Central Avenue.

Some residents of the area alerted police and the fire services department.

Five fire tenders reached the spot and took more than an hour to control the blaze.

The three people who were inside a canteen in the building when the fire broke out were evacuated. They suffered burns and were taken to SSKM Hospital.

“The fire appears to have started from some inflammable items in the kitchen,” said an official of the fire services department.

Advertisement


Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
 
 
 
Copyright © 2020 The Telegraph. All rights reserved.