Advertisement

2020 Tokyo Olympics
Opinion  /  Published 27.08.21

Olympics: Tales of triumph and defeat

When the acclaimed film-maker, Naomi Kawase, known for her lyrical film-making, was chosen to direct the official film of this edition of the Olympics, she said, “I hope to capture ‘time&r...
By Atanu Biswas

Sports  /  Published 27.08.21

‘Dirty agenda’ upsets Neeraj Chopra

Olympic champion Neeraj Chopra on Thursday said he was pained by the controversy surrounding his comments on Pakistani Arshad Nadeem using his javelin during the Tokyo Games and called the entire furo...
By PTI in New Delhi

Sports  /  Published 26.08.21

Target gold, countdown to Paris begins now

Boxer Lovlina Borgohain is an icon today, thanks to the bronze medal she won at the Tokyo Olympics. While enjoying her success, she is also bothered by a nagging sense of discontentment. She had set h...
By Madhumita Ganguly

Sports  /  Published 25.08.21

Torn hamstring keeps Serena out of US Open

Serena Williams withdrew from the US Open on Wednesday, extending her latest break from the game that she once dominated. “After careful consideration and following the advice of my doctors and...
By Christopher Clarey

Sports  /  Published 25.08.21

Vandana: Medal loss in Tokyo still hurts

“The date for the next national camp has not been announced yet, so I have the next few days to myself. We are not ready to rest on our laurels and aim to bring more glory to our motherland in t...
By Souvik Mukherjee in Calcutta

Advertisement

India  /  Published 22.08.21

Olympics: Rajnath to felicitate armed forces

Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will felicitate armed forces personnel who participated in this year's Olympics in Tokyo at the Army Sports Institute (ASI) in Pune on Tuesday. Earlier in the day, ...
By Our Bureau, PTI in New Delhi

Opinion  /  Published 22.08.21

The javelin, a javelineer and the nation

Moved? Yes, exactly that. Here was a stranger to privilege, even to patronage, using his instinct alone with an instrument that could be called primitive to reach a level of competitive prowess before...
By Gopalkrishna Gandhi

Sports  /  Published 19.08.21

Olympian’s silver of hope to save a life

A cancer-survivor Polish javelin thrower auctioned off her Olympic silver medal for the life-saving surgery of an eight-month-old boy, only for the convenience store chain that won the bid to ensure t...
By Our Bureau

Sports  /  Published 19.08.21

Athletics juniors bag bronze in mixed relay

The Indian mixed 4x400m relay team on Wednesday won a bronze to clinch the country’s fifth medal in the history of the World Athletics U20 Championships.         T...
By Agencies in Nairobi

Sports  /  Published 18.08.21

How PM Modi motivated Olympians

The members of the India men's hockey team that won a bronze after 41 also chatted with the PM, who was seen examining a hockey stick. Also, present was the wrestling contingent, which returned fr...
By Our Bureau

Advertisement

Download our latest App

to get update on the go...

Advertisement

Advertisement

Copyright © 2020 The Telegraph. All rights reserved.