Four police complaints for JU fracas
Complaints have been lodged with Jadavpur police station
- Published 21.09.19, 4:21 AM
- Updated 21.09.19, 4:21 AM
- a min read
Four complaints have been lodged with Jadavpur police station in connection with Thursday’s incident on the Jadavpur University campus involving Union minister Babul Supriyo
- Police have started a suo motu case against unknown people for creating violence inside the union room and vandalism on the road outside Jadavpur University Gate No. 4. A case has been started under IPC sections 147, 148, 448, 323, 324, 332, 353, 186, 283, 435 and 427 and under sections of the prevention of damage to public property act. The IPC sections deal with charges of rioting, trespassing, voluntarily causing hurt with dangerous weapons, outrage of modesty of women, obstructing public servant from discharge of duty, obstructing public way, mischief by fire or explosive substances and mischief.
- ABVP convener Nityananda Mistry has lodged a complaint against Debraj Kole, Kajori Majumdar, Pinaki Dhole and 17 others. Charges under IPC sections 143, 323 and 354 have been slapped on the accused. The charges deal with the offence of unlawful assembly, voluntarily causing hurt and outrage of modesty against women.
- Arts Faculty Students’ Union (AFSU) general secretary Debraj Debnath has lodged a complaint against unknown supporters of the ABVP and the RSS. Charges under IPC sections 143, 448, 435 and 427 have been drawn up against them. The charges deal with unlawful assembly, trespassing, mischief by fire or explosive substances and mischief.
- BJP functionary Agnimitra Paul has lodged a complaint against unknown persons for assaulting her and Union minister Babul Supriyo and outraging her modesty.
A case has been registered under IPC sections 143, 506, 354, 509 and 323.
The offences are unlawful assembly, criminal intimidation, outrage of modesty of a woman, outrage of modesty of a woman through words and gestures and voluntarily causing hurt.