Mohanty attack probe
Read more below
- Published 25.02.14
Bhubaneswar, Feb. 24: The investigation into the attack on law, tourism and culture minister Maheshwar Mohanty continued today, while his health condition is stated to have improved.
Puri police superintendent Anup Kumar Sahoo said: “We have got some more leads. We have rounded another five to six suspects and the interrogation is on.”
Earlier, around ten suspects were detained for interrogation.
Sahoo, however, admitted that no breakthrough had been achieved so far.
Mohanty was shot at by some unidentified persons in Puri on Friday night, while he was returning home on his two-wheeler after attending a party meeting in the town.
He was rushed to the Puri district headquarters hospital, from where he was later shifted to a private hospital in Bhubaneswar. A bullet was removed from his chest after a surgery. Doctors at the hospital said Mohanty’s condition was improving.
A dawn-to-dusk strike will be observed in Puri tomorrow in protest against deterioration in law and order situation there.