Bolly and Tolly faces who love getting clicked in their fave sunlight spots
In the present pandemic situation when going out unnecessarily should be avoided at all costs, there are very few opportunities for photoholics (like me) to take images against nice backdrops and cool cafes for Instagram. But in the quest to get the perfect picture to post, Bolly beauty Anushka Sharma has discovered the perfect ‘sunlight spot’ at home to take images. For the uninitiated, a perfect sunlight spot is that place where the natural light is perfect, the rays fall on you, making you glow without any filter. Inspired by Anushka, we tracked some other celebs who simply love clicking pictures in the sun and the fab snaps stand testimony to the power of what a perfect sunlight spot can do while taking photographs.
By now I know all the sunlight spots of every inch of my home
1. Guess who Anushka Sharma inspired to find the perfect sunlight spot? Alia Bhatt. The Gully Boy actress shared an image captioned: “happy sunlight Sunday” recently and thanked the Pari actress for going on “sunlight hunt” in her house.
2. If you follow Kareena Kapoor Khan on her Instagram, you would know about her love for sunlight selfies. The actress has been seen posting selfies several times playing with the sunlight, accentuating her flawless skin and light eyes. “Girls just wanna have sun” she captioned. We agree!
3. Ananya Panday showed some sun love with a series of throwback images that she captioned: “sun is shining and so are you” — a line from DJ duo Axwell ^ Ingrosso’s track. Porcelain skin and the perfect light on her hair made her selfie perf!
4. Bhoot star Vicky Kaushal knows how to acknowledge the importance of sunsets. The actor shared an image during lockdown playing with light and shadow on his face, captioning his snap: “light jaa raha hai, light jaa raha hai!...” We totally relate to the fleeting light bit, Vicky! After all, sunset is a great time to go click click.
5. Sooraj dooba hai yaaron, do ghoont nashe ke maro… and click selfies too? Jacqueline Fernandez sure knows how to make the most of the sunset light. The actress shared a selfie with ‘peaches and sunshine’ as the tag.
6. If you want to go for a no-make selfie, take a cue from Bhumi Pednekar who knows that the golden hour is ideal for a natural filter selfie.
7. “There are so many spots in my house that can be said to be the perfect sunlight spots. There is this couch next to the window in my sister’s room and it always has apt sunlight so I shoot everything there. I love the light and shadow play in my balcony, and I have the entire terrace to myself! This (for the picture) is a spot on my terrace where 4pm onwards the light is just marvellous. It has this old-world window and I use it as a vintage background,” said Parno Mittra.
8. “I find filters really fake so I like sunlight as it just gives me the best possible natural sheen to my skin. I think my balcony is my fave spot at home where I’ve shot a million promotional photos with the sunlight hitting my face. For this picture I climbed a rooftop and got myself shot while I was shooting for Switzerland,” said Rukmini Maitra.
9. “Sunlight is the best app and the best filter and no technology can beat that,” for Swastika Mukherjee. “You can look haggard but if you have the sun showering its rays on you, you are ready to rock the world and Insta. My favourite spot is one step outside my verandah. The rays fall in a slant and it’s not too much, just perfect. Also we have iron grills guarding the verandah so the shadow makes designs on your face,” she said, sharing this image from her vacay in Koh Samui long ago.
10. “I love the balcony attached to my bedroom... I have small plants there... it’s a cosy corner but although my fave place for selfies would be my garden at my Ballygunge residence,” chirped Nusrat Jahan.