Recipes: Indulge your sweet tooth this Easter
Chef Vikram Ganpule, Executive Chef, Andaz Delhi shares a recipe for carrot cake.
- Eggs -- 9
- Sugar -- 800 gm
- Salt -- 1 tsp
- Raisins -- 250 gm
- Hazelnuts -- 250 gm
- Walnuts -- 500 gm
- Shredded carrots -- 800 gm
- Pineapple cubes -- 500 gm
- Cinnamon powder -- 1/2 tsp
- Mixed spices -- 1/2 tsp
- All purpose flour (maida) -- 1kg
- Baking soda -- 5 tsp
- Baking powder -- 1 1/2 tsp
- Oil -- 3 1/2 cups
Syrup for soaking the cake when still hot from the oven:
- Water -- 2 cups
- Sugar -- 500 gm
- Earl Gray tea -- 25 gm
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt along with powdered cinnamon and mixed spices together in a bowl.
- Beat the sugar, eggs and oil in another bowl until they are completely mixed together, then gradually add the flour mixture. Beat in the grated carrots and pineapple cubes and then fold in the walnuts, hazelnuts and raisins, until everything is evenly combined.
- Grease a baking tray and then put the mixture in it. Bake at 170 degree Celcius for about 45 minutes. Put in a toothpick and count till 10. When you pull out the toothpick it should be clean.
- Make an infused syrup with water, sugar and Earl Gray tea. Strain and soak the cake as soon as it comes out of the oven so that it remains moist.
Easter Lemon Fudge Brownies
Chef Ajit Bangera, Senior Executive Chef, ITC Grand Chola, Chennai shares the recipe for lemon fudge brownies
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (softened to room temperature)
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 2 lemons zested and juiced
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
- Grease the baking mould with butter, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar and butter until creamy.
- Add salt, eggs, lemon juice and lemon zest to the flour mix until smooth, about. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, start checking after 20 minutes of baking. A toothpick inserted in the centre should come out clean and the sides of the cake will start to get golden brown, while the centre will be settled.
- Remove from oven and cool in the baking dish for 10 minutes.
- For the lemon glaze, add all the ingredients to a medium bowl and stir to combine until smooth, with no lumps.
- Spread the glaze over the cooled brownies. Let it settle.
- Slice into bars and serve.
Dalgona Cream Cheese Mousse
Chef Rakesh Pawar, Executive Sous Chef at Taj Dubai shares a recipe for this delectable dessert
For the mousse (4 portions)
- Egg yolk -- 3
- Sugar -- 75 gm
- Vanilla essence -- 1 tsp
- Cream cheese -- 250 gm
- Whipping cream -- 125 gm
For Dolgona mixture
- Instant coffee powder -- 10 gm
- Sugar -- 20 gm
- Hot water -- 20ml
- Whisk sugar and egg yolk on a double boiler till thick and foamy. Do not scramble the mixture. Remove from heat and mix vanilla essence.
- Soften the cream cheese and keep aside.
- Whisk the whipping cream till medium peak and keep aside.
- Fold the cream cheese into egg yolk and sugar mixture. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Pipe the mixture into glasses and chill in refrigerator for at least three hours.
- For the dalgona mixture, whisk together coffee powder, sugar and hot water till it gets light and foamy. Add more hot water and continue whisking if the mixture is too heavy.
- For assembling, put a spoon of the dalgona mixture on top of the cream cheese mousse.
Chef Rajesh Wadhwa of Taj Palace, New Delhi shares a recipe for a delicious shake
- 300 ml full fat milk
- Vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon instant coffee
- 2 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- 4 to 5 ice cubes
- Sugar to taste
- Chocolate sauce, as desired
- Chocolate / vanilla wafers
- In a mixer, blend the milk with the vanilla extract, coffee, ice cream, sugar and ice cubes.
- Line a glass with chocolate sauce and pour the blended shake.
- Garnish with wafers and serve immediately.