Advertisement


Fire Accident
Calcutta  /  Published 30.10.20

Fire at VIP Road shop-cum-godown

A fire broke out in a garment shop-cum-godown on the ground floor of a four-storey building near the Joramandir bus stop off VIP Road on Thursday morning. Residents were asked to evacuate the buildin...
By A Staff Reporter in Joramandir

Calcutta  /  Published 30.10.20

Committee files pandal arson complaint

The puja committee of Salt Lake’s FD Block whose pandal and idols were destroyed in a fire on Wednesday has lodged a complaint with Bidhannagar South police station alleging arson. A member of ...
By A Staff Reporter in Salt Lake

Calcutta  /  Published 29.10.20

Fire destroys Salt Lake pandal

Ashim Das, one of the artisans who had supplied the models of Mowgli and the other animals, said he was supposed to take them back to Kumartuli and spruce them up for installation on various boulevard...
By Snehal Sengupta in Salt Lake

Calcutta  /  Published 19.10.20

Early morning blaze at LIC Building, three injured

A fire broke out early on Sunday on the third floor of LIC Building on Central Avenue, barely 500m from Moon House on GC Avenue where a fire had claimed two lives on Friday night. Eyewitnesses said t...
By Our Special Correspondent in Calcutta

Calcutta  /  Published 19.10.20

Brief visit to homes damaged by fire

An official of the Calcutta Municipal Corporation (CMC) said the civic body was yet to receive any formal request from the police about Moon House. If such a request comes, the CMC asks the owners and...
By Our Bureau in Calcutta

Calcutta  /  Published 18.10.20

Rethink on meter box location: Hakim

The fire brigade and the CESC have to think about old houses with electric meter boxes below staircases and close to exits, Firhad Hakim, the chairperson of the CMC’s board of administrators, sa...
By Subhajoy Roy in Calcutta

Calcutta  /  Published 18.10.20

Meter box blaze cuts off exit, kills 2

...
By Kinsuk Basu in Calcutta

Calcutta  /  Published 18.10.20

Moonhouse and a mindset

Moon House on 21 GC Avenue was next to the building in which I lived — as in sharing the same wall and joined at the hip so to speak. It is a building I knew best after my own by the virtue of ...
By Mudar Patherya in Calcutta

India  /  Published 09.10.20

Odisha petrol pump fire mishap victim dies

Odisha chief  secretary A.K. Tripathy asked the district collectors to consider the possibility of opening up places of worship for the public and submit and report to the government in the next ...
By Subhashish Mohanty in Bhubaneswar

Jharkhand  /  Published 26.09.20

STATE DIGEST: Partial nude demonstration for BSL jobs

A massive fire broke out in the godown of the Shriram Sales at Bhalotia lane on Friday. About half a dozen fire extinguishers took eight hours to douse the flames completely, and saved other shops lo...
By in


Advertisement

Download our latest App

to get update on the go...

Advertisement

Advertisement
 
Copyright © 2020 The Telegraph. All rights reserved.