MY KOLKATA EDUGRAPH
ADVERTISEMENT
regular-article-logo Tuesday, 27 February 2024

Tom Holland says Spider-Man 4 plans are on hold in support of Writers' Guild of America (WGA)

The 27-year-old last played the web-slinging superhero in Spider-Man: No Way Home

PTI Los Angeles Published 03.06.23, 09:50 AM
Tom Holland in a still from Spider-man: Far From Home

Tom Holland in a still from Spider-man: Far From Home IMDb

"Spider-Man" star Tom Holland has revealed that there have been meetings about the fourth installment in his superhero franchise, but the team has put further development on pause in "solidarity with the writers" strike.

Members of the Writers Guild of America (WGA) went on strike last month demanding better wages, higher minimum pay, more writers per show, and shorter exclusive contracts among other things.

ADVERTISEMENT

"I can say that we have been having meetings. We’ve put the meetings on pause in solidarity with the writers. There’s been multiple conversations had, but at this point it’s very, very early stages," Holland told news outlet Variety at the premiere of his Apple TV+ show “The Crowded Room” in New York City.

The actor added that he won't be able to share any further details about the project.

Holland has starred as the titular superhero in three "Spider-Man” movies — “Homecoming” (2017), “Far From Home” (2019) and “No Way Home” (2021).

Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by The Telegraph Online staff and has been published from a syndicated feed.

Follow us on:
ADVERTISEMENT