So many different types of hairsprays create confusion. How and when to use them?
Basically, hairsprays are solutions that hold a hairstyle in place and protect it from humidity and air.
A few things to consider when choosing a hairspray:
1. FLEXIBILITY: Choose a spray that gives you flexibility to move the hair freely.
2. HOLD: If you want a strong hold and your style fixed in place, choose the strong hold spray, generally used for buns, braids or any elaborate hairstyle.
3. SHINE: Some sprays give shine along with hold. But avoid sprays with too much shine, as that leads to oily-looking hair.
4. VOLUMISING: Good for fine-textured hair. These function as regular hairsprays, while making hair look thicker and fuller.
5. TEXTURISING: These sprays separate strands of hair.
6. THERMAL: These sprays are best for those who use heat every day, with blow drying or ironing.
7. WEIGHTLESS: Used for superfine hair. They don’t weigh the hair down.
The columnist creates a range of hairstyles at Ishrat’s Hair & Skin Studio, Lord Sinha Road, Calcutta. Contact: @ishratansar