|
| Sushil Kumar Modi addresses the news meet in Patna on Tuesday. Picture by Nagendra Kumar Singh |
Deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Tuesday said Lalu Prasad’s family had started investing in Bihar, days after the RJD chief took a swipe at the NDA regime.
Speaking at the weekly janata durbar at his residence, Modi said: “During the RJD’s 15-year rule in the state, Lalu did not do anything. However, under our regime, he has opened a two-wheeler showroom in Aurangabad district. It shows that his family members do not have any fear and it also reflects that conditions have improved now. I can also say that he is the one who is making investments in Bihar.”
Sources said Lalu’s elder son, Tej Pratap runs the two-wheeler showroom, which Modi referred to, belonging to the family.
Modi said the state was in process of submitting pending abstract contingent (AC) and detailed contingent (DC) bills.
Modi, who also holds the finance portfolio, was reacting to the Opposition’s charge of the state government not submitting AC and DC bills.
He added: “DC bills for a pending amount of Rs 7,388 crore, which are yet to be settled, would be submitted soon. However, DC bills worth Rs 16,854 crore have already been given to the accountant general (AG)’s office.”
A total of Rs 24,243 crore was withdrawn from the treasury department between 2002 and 2011. He added that Rs 11,274 crore had already been adjusted through submission of DC bills.
Modi added: “We have also submitted DC bills worth Rs 3,051 crore against the withdrawal of Rs 3,222.99 crore between May 1, 2012 and August 24, 2012.”
He said: “Under the New Treasury Code after the first withdrawal of AC bills, the second withdrawal cannot be made unless matching DC bills are submitted.”





