MY KOLKATA EDUGRAPH
ADVERTISEMENT
regular-article-logo Friday, 19 July 2024

Fire breaks out at a building in Calcutta's Dalhousie area, no casualties reported

'Though it seems that the fire was a result of an electrical short circuit, we are waiting for the forensics report to confirm the cause,' an officer said

PTI Calcutta Published 22.06.24, 10:03 AM
Smoke billows out after a century-old building caught fire, at Dalhousie area

Smoke billows out after a century-old building caught fire, at Dalhousie area PTI

Fire broke out at a building in central Calcutta's Dalhousie area in the early hours of Saturday, police said.

Seven fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the blaze that broke out around 4.30 am at a building behind the Bankshall Court in Garstin Place, they said.

ADVERTISEMENT

No one was injured in the fire, they added.

"The blaze was brought under control within an hour. The cooling process is ongoing at present. Though it seems that the fire was a result of an electrical short circuit, we are waiting for the forensics report to confirm the cause," an officer said.

Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by The Telegraph Online staff and has been published from a syndicated feed.

RELATED TOPICS

Follow us on:
ADVERTISEMENT