Advertisement

2021 Bengal Assembly Polls
West Bengal  /  Published 08.10.21

Bengal violence: CBI nabs 2

The CBI has nabbed two people, including a minor, in a case of murdering a man during post-poll violence in Bengal, officials said on Friday. Rajendra Sharma and the minor were held in connection wit...
By Our Bureau, PTI in Calcutta

West Bengal  /  Published 01.10.21

Migrant poll boost

Polling in Samserganj and Jangipur Assembly seats in Murshidabad on Thursday turned out to be a peaceful affair and recorded high turnout of voters, mostly migrant labourers who had come home to exerc...
By Alamgir Hossain in Samserganj

West Bengal  /  Published 30.06.21

Debate on rout eludes Bengal BJP leaders

Several Bengal BJP functionaries who had been prepared to vent their ire against central leaders, especially Kailash Vijayvargiya, at a state executive committee meeting on Tuesday were left disappoin...
By Arkamoy Datta Majumdar in Calcutta

Calcutta  /  Published 09.04.21

‘This vote is a walkover for me’

⦿ By June 2, 2021, a month of the election result, I will ensure running water (in south Dum Dum). I will improve drainage under the bridge in Jessore Road, where water stagnates after a shower. I a...
By Sudeshna Banerjee

Culture  /  Published 04.04.21

The Other Khela

By Angshuman Roy

Advertisement

Calcutta  /  Published 02.04.21

Confronting the maskless multitude

Balancing act At the Holika dahan at FD Park, Shambhu Choudhary had come wearing two masks. “I’m trying to send a message to others who are not abiding by the norms,” said the seni...
By Snehal Sengupta, Brinda Sarkar and Chandreyee Ghose in Salt Lake

West Bengal  /  Published 07.03.21

Gambir to campaign in Bengal for BJP

BJP leader and MP Gautam Gambhir who is likely to join party's campaign in poll-bound West Bengal on Sunday said he always felt at home in the state. The former top order Indian batsman, who had ...
By Our Bureau and Agencies in New Delhi

West Bengal  /  Published 06.03.21

It's Mamata vs Suvendu

The BJP on Saturday released its first list of 57 candidates for the Bengal Assembly polls and fielded Suvendu Adhikari from his home turf of Nandigram, from where Trinamool Congress president and Chi...
By Our Bureau, Agencies in Calcutta

India  /  Published 06.03.21

Modi: Brigade rally on Sunday

Prime Minister Narendra Modi will sharpen BJP's campaign for the high-octane Assembly elections in Bengal with a mega rally at the Brigade Parade Grounds in Calcutta on Sunday. The Prime Minister...
By Our Bureau, Agencies in Calcutta

West Bengal  /  Published 26.02.21

Bengal: parties react to election schedule

Questioning the eight-phase assembly elections in West Bengal, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said on Friday that she suspects that the dates were announced as per the suggestions of Prime Minister Na...
By Our Bureau and Agencies in Calcutta

Advertisement

Download our latest App

to get update on the go...

Advertisement

Advertisement

Copyright © 2020 The Telegraph. All rights reserved.