Ravichandran Ashwin’s Covid-19 lesson
'Right now is the time to find solutions instead of blaming this country or that country'
- Published 25.03.20, 3:09 AM
- Updated 25.03.20, 3:09 AM
- a min read
The complete lockdown of India in wake of the Covid-19 is perhaps nature’s way of reminding that at times sportspersons take the game too seriously, says India spinner Ravichandran Ashwin.
“Right now is the time to find solutions instead of blaming this country or that country. The solution for the time being seems to be social-distancing and patience,” Ashwin told ESPNCricinfo. “We take the game too seriously. There are far bigger things than the game that can hamper it.”
- Turkish football icon Fatih Terim, currently manager of Istanbul giants Galatasaray, said he had tested positive for the novel coronavirus. “The results of a test showed a positive result for coronavirus,” Terim said.
- Footballers at Germany’s top teams including Bayern Munich have agreed to take pay cuts to help clubs survive the economic impact of the coronavirus.
- Uefa has clarified that it has postponed the Champions League, Europa League and women’s Champions League finals, originally scheduled for May, with no new date given.
- The Senior National Badminton, scheduled to be held in Lucknow from April 27 to May 3 has been put on hold.