Kolkata Police and Kolkata Municipal Development Authority (KMDA) issued a public notice on Monday morning, announcing the closure of a portion of KK Tagore Street, from Rabindra Sarani to Kalakar Street, in northwest Kolkata, for the third phase of demolition of the incomplete Vivekananda Road flyover.
Both Kolkata Police and KMDA announced that the arrangement would come into force with immediate effect and would continue till the completion of the proposed work.
During the closure, the vehicular circulation pattern would be made in the following manner, it was announced:-
- East-bound traffic of KK Tagore Street will be diverted towards the north via Jadulal Mullick Street or Strand Road
- The diverted traffic will take Nimtala Ghat Street towards the east to avail Chittaranjan Avenue or Jatindra Mohan Avenue
- East-bound traffic will also be diverted along BK Pal Avenue towards the north to avail Rabindra Sarani or Jatindra Mohan Avenue
- Buses, availing Strand Road North from Mirabahar Ghat Street, of Route No. 215A will take MG Road towards the east to take Rabindra Sarani / Chittaranjan Avenue
- Mini buses, availing Strand Road North from Mirabahar Ghat Street, of Route No. 180, 13, 185, 179, 189, 168, 20, 13A, 5 and 29, will take MG Road towards the east to take Rabindra Sarani / Chittaranjan Avenue
- Tram services of MG Road will be suspended during execution of the work
- Vehicular traffic may also be diverted from any of the arterial and feeder roads by traffic police as and when considered necessary.