A section of Nirmal Chandra Street in the Bowbazar area will be shut to traffic from 10pm on April 1 to facilitate construction work of the East-West Metro project.
The restrictions will be in place till the completion of the Metro work.
Kolkata Traffic Police uploaded a notification on social media with further details on Wednesday.
The traffic on Nirmal Chandra Street will be regulated in the following manner:
- Movement of Tramcars along Nirmal Chandra Street will be suspended/restricted from April 1 till the completion of the Metro work.
- South-bound buses with route numbers 78/1, 46, 234/1, 34/B and 217A will be diverted from Nirmal Chandra Street /BB Ganguly Street crossing to BB Ganguly Street - Chittaranjan Avenue.
- South-bound small vehicles will be diverted from Nirmal Chandra Street/ Ganesh Chandra Avenue crossing either via Ganesh Chandra Avenue towards the west - Chittaranjan Avenue or via RSM Square towards East.
- North-bound buses with route numbers 78/1, 46, 234/1, 34/B and 217A coming from Lenin Sarani will be diverted from JL Nehru/ Lenin Sarani crossing (Esplanade crossing) to avail Chittaranjan Avenue-Colootola Street - College Street.
- North-bound small vehicles on Nirmal Chandra Street will avail their usual route from Lenin Sarani along the carriageway on the western flank of Nirmal Chandra Street.