Vehicular traffic will remain suspended on several roads, especially around Red Road, in the city on July 30 and August 1, 3, 5 and 10 for Independence Day parade rehearsals.
The traffic restriction will come into effect on these days from 5am to 8.30am or till the end of the rehearsals, Kolkata Traffic Police said in a notification uploaded on Facebook on Friday, July 29.
The roads on which vehicular traffic would stay suspended are:
- Red Road
- Casuarina Avenue
- Kidderpore Road (north-bound vehicles)
- Hospital Road (as and when required)
- Lovers’ Lane (as and when required)
- Plassey Gate Road (as and when required)
- Kingsway Road (as and when required)
Vehicles may also be diverted from any of the arterial roads that feed traffic to these thoroughfares, according to Kolkata Traffic Police.
These restrictions will be enforced in addition to the normal traffic restrictions that are in place on those days.