Go back to
Home » My Kolkata » News » 35-year-old man electrocuted to death in Tangra


35-year-old man electrocuted to death in Tangra

It is the third such incident in the past fortnight

PTI | Published 05.07.22, 06:22 PM
Representational image

Representational image

A 35-year-old man died after getting electrocuted at an eatery on Gobindo Khatick Road, Tangra, that caught a minor fire on Tuesday morning.

While trying to escape from the fire, Bunty Halder, the owner of the eatery, touched his shop’s iron shutter, which had been in contact with a live wire, and got instantly electrocuted, according to police.


Halder was rushed to NRS Medical College and Hospital where he was declared brought dead.

The family of the deceased, however, claimed that Halder had died after touching a lamppost outside the eatery.

This is the third incident in a series of similar occurrences that had taken place in the past fortnight.

Earlier, an 11-year-old boy had died after being electrocuted in south Kolkata's Haridevpur area on June 26 after coming in contact with a lamppost on a water-logged road.

Another 13-year-old boy was electrocuted to death in Rajabazar area on Saturday.

Last updated on 05.07.22, 07:26 PM

More from My Kolkata