MY KOLKATA EDUGRAPH
ADVERTISEMENT
regular-article-logo Friday, 19 April 2024

14-year-old consumes poison after being scolded over mobile phone use, dies

This was the second such incident reported in the city in the last two months, officials said

PTI Indore Published 26.12.23, 07:21 PM
Representational Image

Representational Image File photo

A 14-year-old boy here allegedly consumed poison after his family members scolded him for excessive use of the mobile phone and died during treatment, police said on Tuesday.

This was the second such incident reported in the city in the last two months, officials said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Mohit (14), a resident of Annapurna police station limits, allegedly consumed poison two weeks ago after his parents rebuked him for being glued to the mobile phone.

He died at a hospital during treatment on Monday, said Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police Abhinay Vishwakarma.

Detailed investigation was underway, he said.

According to police officials, a number of suicides related to mobile phone addiction among minors have been reported in the recent past.

On November 24, Hema (16), a class 10 student and resident of Heera Nagar police station limits, allegedly hanged herself when her mother asked her to put away her mobile phone and eat her meal, Vishwakarma said.

Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by The Telegraph Online staff and has been published from a syndicated feed.

Follow us on:
ADVERTISEMENT