MY KOLKATA EDUGRAPH
ADVERTISEMENT
regular-article-logo Friday, 14 June 2024

US strongly condemns attack by armed men near Moscow killing 143 people: Antony Blinken

We send our deepest condolences to the families and loved ones of those killed and all affected by this heinous crime, says the state secretary

Reuters Washington Published 24.03.24, 06:46 AM
Antony Blinken

Antony Blinken File image

The US strongly condemns the attack by armed men near Moscow on Friday that killed at least 143 people and injured many dozens more, US secretary of state Antony Blinken said on Saturday.

“We send our deepest condolences to the families and loved ones of those killed and all affected by this heinous crime. We condemn terrorism in all its forms and stand in solidarity with the people of Russia in grieving the loss of life from this horrific event,” Blinken said in a statement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Not involved: Kyiv

Ukraine was not involved in Friday’s shooting attack near Moscow and suggestions of a Ukrainian link “have nothing in common with reality”, a spokesman for Kyiv’s military spy agency said on Saturday.

Russia’s FSB security service said “all four terrorists” behind the attack had been arrested while heading to the Ukrainian border.

“This is of course another lie from the Russian special services, which has nothing in common with reality and does not stand up against any criticism,” Andriy Yusov, of the defence ministry’s Main Directorate of Intelligence, said.

Follow us on:
ADVERTISEMENT