Advertisement

Home / Jharkhand / Covid: Over 2 lakh recipients fail to turn up for second jab in East Singhbhum

Covid: Over 2 lakh recipients fail to turn up for second jab in East Singhbhum

The administration is now requesting them to get their scheduled shot despite having missed the deadline
Representational file image
Representational file image

Kumud Jenamani   |   Jamshedpur   |   Published 28.10.21, 08:28 PM

East Singhbhum district administration is on a text message sending spree to about two lakh individuals who failed to turn up for their second dose of Covid vaccine.

The administration was prompted to issue such requests as people failed to turn up for their second shot. The officials are now engaged in convincing them to take the second dose, despite having missed taking it within the stipulated gap.

In the SMS sent to the recipient, the district administration is seen earnestly requesting them to get their second dose despite having missed the due date.

District disease surveillance officer, Sahir Pall said, “Maybe those who did not turn up for the second dose have stopped fearing of getting infected with Coronavirus. There could also be some other reason for them having missed their second jab, but it is the responsibility of the district administration to have them completely vaccinated,” said Pall while talking to The Telegraph Online.

According to the data shared by the district health department, on Thursday, 13,20,717 people had taken the first dose of the Covid vaccine in the East Singhbhum district and 5,66,890 people their second dose.

It also revealed that two lakh people failed to take their second dose.

Around 80 percent of the total recipients had taken Covishield vaccine which requires a period of 84 days’ gap to be eligible for the second dose. The remaining 20 percent recipients had taken Covaxin vaccine which has a waiting period of 28 days for the second shot.



Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
 
 
 
Copyright © 2020 The Telegraph. All rights reserved.