- Azam Khan gets bail from court, says as not lost faith
- Azam given one week to appeal before a higher court
- Azam: not all doors have closed
- Azam Khan of Samajwadi Party gets 3 years in jail for hate speech on Yogi Adityanath: reports NDTV
- Azam Khan also fined Rs 25,000
Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan was found guilty of hate speech related to his comments against Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer in 2019, reports ndtv.com.
Khan was charged for a provocative speech by the then district magistrate.
The SP veteran will lose his membership of the state assembly if, after his conviction, he is sentenced to two years in jail or more.
Khan was freed from jail earlier this year after the Supreme Court granted him interim bail in an alleged cheating case.
Khan faces nearly 90 cases, including that of corruption and theft.