Advertisement

Home / Business / BEML Ltd land to be spun off

BEML Ltd land to be spun off

Formerly Bharat Earth Movers Ltd, it was set up in May 1964 as a public sector undertaking to manufacture rail coaches and spare parts and mining equipment at its Bangalore complex

PTI   |   New Delhi   |   Published 13.06.21, 02:27 AM

BEML Ltd on Saturday said Dipam and NITI Aayog have agreed to the proposal of incorporation of a wholly owned arm for the demerger of surplus land and asset as part of BEML’s strategic divestment process.

BEML, formerly Bharat Earth Movers Ltd, was set up  in May 1964 as a public sector undertaking to manufacture  rail coaches and spare parts and mining equipment at its Bangalore complex.

Advertisement

The company has been partially divested and, at present, the government owns 54 per cent of the total equity and the rest 46 per cent is held by the public, financial institutions, foreign institutional investors, banks and employees.



Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
 
 
 
Copyright © 2020 The Telegraph. All rights reserved.