India rejects Pak’s ‘RAW behind Lahore attack’ claim
India on Thursday strongly trashed Pakistan's allegations that Indian spy agency RAW orchestrated last month's bomb blast in Lahore.
Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) Spokesperson Arindam Bagchi said it is not new for Pakistan to engage in "baseless propaganda" against India.
He said Pakistan should focus on setting its own house in order and take credible and verifiable action against terrorism emanating from its soil.
The international community is well aware of Pakistan's credentials when it comes to terrorism, he said.
On Sunday, Pakistan's National Security Adviser Moeed Yusuf alleged that India was behind the blast outside the house of Hafiz Saeed in Lahore.
Saeed is the 2008 Mumbai terror attack mastermind and chief of the banned Jamat-ud-Dawa (JuD).
Three persons were killed and 24 others injured in the blast.
When the blast had taken place, CCTV footage had showed a masked suspect parking the car at the corner of a street near the residence of the JuD chief around 10:40 am on Wednesday. He got out of the car and then disappeared, the official said, adding that the blast occurred around 11:10 am. Reportedly, the suspect had carried out the blast with a timed device.
Footage later showed that the driver was picked up from a petrol pump nearby by an accomplice in a car and they drove off, the official had said.
Following which, three unidentified terrorists have been named in the FIR in the case.
The blast had sparked rumours that Saeed was present in the house. Saeed, a UN-designated terrorist whom the US has placed a USD 10 million bounty on, has been convicted for 36 years imprisonment in five terror financing cases. His punishment is running concurrently.
Saeed-led JuD is the front organisation for the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) which is responsible for carrying out the 2008 Mumbai attack that killed 166 people, including six Americans.