Fit care for your feet
Your feet take care of your entire body. Do you take care of them?
Know the symptoms of dead or dry skin on and around your feet.
• Roughness around the heel
• Peeling of skin
• Bad smell from feet
• Itchiness around the toes
• Occasional burning sensation around the toes
• Occasional rashes
• Cracked skin
Here’s what you have to do:
• Moisturise: Use a good moisturising cream or coconut oil. Apply it and leave it on overnight.
• Exfoliate your feet to remove the dead cells. You can use a pumice stone to scrape the dead cells out.
• You can wear soft cotton socks to bed after applying a good moisturiser, as they help to lock in moisture.
• Use warm water to soften the dead skin before removing it.
• You can use an Epsom salt soak, which is anti-inflammatory and also helps to improve blood circulation.
If you have time for none of the above, go for a regular pedicure once in a month or every 20 days.
The columnist manages Ishrat’s Hair & Skin Studio, Lord Sinha Road, Calcutta. Contact @ishratansar