• During our protest, even women, including MP Mahua Moitra, were manhandled and mistreated by Delhi police, says Abhishek
• The response to the mistreatment meted out to the women and Trinamul workers today at Krishi Bhavan will be given by the people of Bengal: Abhishek at press conference
• We are all being detained at Queensway Camp now. Lady MPs being held after sunset in a police line . No paperwork: Mahua Moitra
• According to reports last received the TMC leaders have been taken to Utsav Sadan, Mukherjee Nagar (Kingsway Camp)
• Detained leaders were seen shouting slogans from police vehicles even as they were moved away from Krishi Bhavan
• TMC MP Mohua Moitra seen dragged away from the dharna site on all her fours, her colleague Santanu Sen was also seen getting dragged away by his collar
• All leaders, including Abhishek, were detained and reportedly taken to Delhi Police lines
Moments before the protesting TMC leaders were forcefully removed by Delhi Police. The Telegraph Online
Police were seen dragging Abhishek Banerjee, flanked by MP Dola Sen and Bengal minister Birbaha Hansda by his side, away
- Several leaders complain of police high-handedness and manhandling, phones of leaders reportedly taken away
- TMC delegation forcefully removed by Delhi Police from their dharna site at Krishi Bhavan premises
- Police were seen dragging Abhishek Banerjee, flanked by MP Dola Sen and Bengal minister Birbaha Hansda by his side, away
- Abhishek was seen resisting the police's attempts to take him away
- Chaotic scenes currently seen within the Krishi Bhavan premises
Abhishek Banerjee: We are waiting here for nearly three hours and currently holding a peaceful sit-in dharna. There is a massive deployment of police here and they are likely to use force on us to remove us from here. We will announce our next course of action if we are forcefully removed.
- Abhishek Banerjee (from the dharna spot inside Hrishi Bhavan at 8.45 PM): We are told that the minister has left. Sic months ago, when we came to meet her, she chose the same escape strategy and made her secretary meet us instead. We had come here with the letters of people whose wages remain pending for the work they have already done and the minister has no time to listen to the people’s voices. She does have time though to meet the traitor who switched over to the BJP camp to escape the scanner of the central agencies.
- Abhishek Banerjee: This is proof of the fact that BJP is scared and neither Sadhvi Niranjan nor Giriraj Singh or even JP Nadda or Narendara Modi have answers to the questions we have come here to ask. Can any BJP representive come and meet us, including people like Anurag Thakur who were made to hold press conferences against us? Shame on them.
- Trinamul Congress leaders are sitting on Dharna inside Krishi Bhawan
The Telegraph Online
Abhishek Banerjee (from the waiting area of the Union minister’s office at 7.30 PM): The minister, Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti, told us yesterday that she would not be able to meet us at the earlier scheduled time at 12 noon since she would remain outside Delhi and would return to the Capital at 5 pm. Accordingly she rescheduled the meeting to 6 pm. Her statement was obviously a lie since she held a meeting with BJP’s Suvendu Adhikari at 4 pm today. Now, after making us wait for an hour and half, she says she won’t be able to meet us. We have decided not to move from here till she meets us.
- A 40-member Trinamul Congress delegation decides to stay put at the waiting area outside the office of Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti, Union Minister of State for Rural Development, after the delegation was allegedly made to wait for over 90 minutes and then informed about the minister's inability to meet them.
Trinamul Congress delegation waiting to meet Union Minister Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti TT Online
- The delegation had reached the minister's office at Krishi Bhavan in Delhi at 6 PM, the scheduled time of appointment, TMC alleged.
- TMC's national general secretary Abhishek Banerjee led the 40-member team to the office while carrying stacks of demand letters from deprived beneficiaries of central schemes including MGNREGS.
- TMC delegation continues to wait.
This is a breaking news story, more details will be added soon. Please keep refreshing this page.