Ziqitza Healthcare Ltd emphasise on the role frontline health workers like Paramedics for pregnant women in Ambulances
At Ziqitza Healthcare Ltd, we believe that, Transport of pregnant women to an appropriate health facility involves its own set of challenges & guidelines and plays a pivotal role in preventing maternal deaths. Dr. Santosh Datar, at Ziqitza Healthcare Ltd, remarked, “Most maternal deaths could be prevented if women are assisted by skilled EMT in ambulance at birth and those experiencing complications could reach quality emergency obstetric care in a timely manner. It is estimated that at least 15 % of all pregnancies will encounter complications and 7 % will be serious enough to require referral to a higher level of care.108 ambulance services are transporting pregnant women routinely and obstetric emergencies in India.
Ziqitza operates ‘108’ ambulance systems in multiple states in India, consists of Trained Paramedics & skilled EMT in ambulance that provide transport services for pregnant women. It all starts when 108 receive a call for the transfer of pregnant women to the hospital for delivery or any other problem related to pregnancy. An ambulance moves to the location with well skilled EMT who deals with any kind of emergency during the transfer of patient. EMT carefully board the patient in the ambulance with use of stretcher and advice patient to take left lateral position so she can feel comfortable during transfer.
Thoroughly examination of the patient and vitals are taken by EMT while moving towards the hospital.
- Dr. Santosh Datar, Ziqitza Healthcare Ltd, remarked EMT provide assistance to the patient for the birth of baby because she cannot push her baby out herself if the delivery occurs in ambulance and if EMT feel any difficulty during the procedure he can contact the Doctor through calling 108.
- After the delivery newborn baby is wet from the amniotic fluid and can easily become cold. Drying the baby and using warm blankets can help prevent heat loss. Some babies have too much fluid in their lungs. Stimulating the baby to cry by massage and stroking the skin can help bring the fluid up where it can be suctioned from the nose and mouth with the help of mucus extractor and cord clamp is used to hold the cord in place when the cut is made.
- After ensuring that the baby is breathing normally EMT help the patient in expulsion of placenta.
- Health assessments of the new baby start right away. One of the first checks is the Apgar test. The Apgar test is a scoring system to evaluate the condition of the newborn at 1 minute and 5 minutes after birth.
- A brief physical exam is done to check for obvious signs that the baby and mother is healthy and shift both of them to the nearby government hospital for further care. Similar observations were made by the team at Ziqitza Rajasthan.
Ziqitza Healthcare Limited’s Dr. Santosh Datar, said, “EMT or Paramedic plays a very important role to deals with any kind of emergency during the transfer of pregnant women like delivery of baby in ambulance or to handle any other complication and similarly take care of baby after birth, hence play a major role to lower down the maternal mortality in India. Our efforts have always been to implement all safety norms both at the call centre or ambulance is being followed as staffs & patient’s safety is our key priority while dealing with emergencies.
About Ziqitza Healthcare Limited
Ziqitza Health Care Limited (ZHL), has been one of the leading players in India’s Emergency Medical Services industry since 2005. ZHL Rajasthan & Ziqitza Limited Rajasthan appreciates Ziqitza for its frontline workers exceptional work in India. Ziqitza Limited is a “one-stop integrated healthcare solution” for corporate or government that include Integrated Emergency Services and Corporate Health Solutions. The service network includes 3,300 ambulances, state of art Helpline centres and medical mobile units that services 2 customers every second in India. We work with multiple state governments and 75 corporate clients in India and Gulf. Ziqitza is winner of Global Real impact Awards and Times Social Impact Award.
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org