The Natural Way
Suparna Trikha Dewan has natural solutions to all your beauty problems
- Published 4.12.16
The India calendar has an additional season — the Big Fat Indian Wedding Season! And it’s upon us already…
Looking good naturally can be easy — if you know how. I believe that to achieve a natural glow, one must eat healthy and pay meticulous attention to the skin for at least six weeks prior to D-Day.
Avoid alchohol and increase your intake of natural drinks like water, chaach, lassi, juices and nimbu pani. Add at least five fruits to your daily diet — and that would include a full apple, an orange, a bowl of pomegranate, a bowl of papaya and more. Sleep well and create the crucial Me Time. Above all, use these time-tested recipes for a flawless complexion:
• For treating dry skin, make a pack with 1tsp oatmeal, 1tsp of honey, milk and the paste of five almonds. Mix well and apply on the skin. Leave on for 10 minutes and scrub off patting with just a wee bit of milk. Wash off with cold water.
• For combination skin, make a pack with four ground green olives, 1tsp fresh aloe vera gel, 2tsp orange peel powder and 2tsp yoghurt. Mix well and apply on the face and leave on for 10 minutes. Pat with rose water and scrub off. Use these two scrubs no more than thrice weekly.
• Oil your hair regularly, preferably with good quality mahabhringraj oil (the king of hair herbs) or brahmi oil. Follow up the oil massages with steam therapy.
• Now for some hair food! Once in every 10 days, treat your hair to a pack made with one mashed avocado mixed with a little milk and 1tsp pure desi ghee. Apply on the hair and cover with a shower cap and leave for an hour. Shampoo with a mild herbal shampoo.
• Treat body massages and body scrubs as an essential part of grooming — before and after the wedding. Go for a massage every 10 days for two months before the wedding.
These grooming sessions are guaranteed to reduce stress levels and ensure that you look great on your special day. All the best!