It is always a pleasure conducting the annual business quiz at LIBA, Chennai. We are overwhelmed by the hospitality and warmth with which we are received and looked after at this premier Jesuit institution with my good friend, Fr. Christie, at the helm. Congratulations to the Microsoft/ TCS team, winners of Exquizite 2011. A flavour of the questions asked: 1. After whom is the auditorium at Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, named? 2. In corporate jargon, who is a Googleganger? 3. Which famous area, near Mahalaxmi station in Mumbai, is located on Dr E Moses Road?
1. Which Indian actor formed the theatre group, Motley Productions with Benjamin Gilani and Tom Alter in 1977?
Anushka Sharma, Ranchi
2. Which bird has the largest eye of any land animal?
Indranil Ghosh, Calcutta
3. Which traditional dance of Kerala literally means ‘dancing together’ because this dance drama is always staged by a number of performers?
Chandrani Roy, Howrah
4. Who was the first living Roman ever to appear on coinage, an honour reserved only for deities?
Supriya Basu, Calcutta
5. Which present state was a district of Assam till 1972, when it became a Union Territory?
Pratik Dhar, Calcutta
6. In the adventures of Tintin, which character is named Milou in French?
Debrupa Pal, Calcutta
7. Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte is the legislative and judicial capital of which country?
Subhra Biswas, Durgapur
8. Which Indian Governor-General of Independent India received the Bharat Ratna in 1954?
Rathin Chatterjee, Burdwan
9. Which was the first fictional character to be honoured with an Extraordinary Honorary Fellowship Medal by the Royal Society of Chemistry?
Manish Das, Calcutta
KNOW & GROW WITH DEREK
1. Dhirubhai Ambani; 2. A portmanteau word (Google and doppelganger) meaning someone whose name comes up while Googling your own name as they have the same name; 3. Dhobi Ghat
ANSWER & WIN
Which African mountain comprises of three volcanic cones named Kibo, Mawenzi and Shira?
For Answer and Win, send a quiz question of your own along with the answer. The prize will go to the reader with the correct answer and the best question. Send in answers with your full name and address to: firstname.lastname@example.org'
Winner of the Answer and Win
Quiz published on 27.02.11
Manish Das, Calcutta
In Trinidad and Tobago, which food is commonly called “buss up shut” because it resembles a “burst-up shirt”?
The answer is: Paratha
For queries about Answer and Win, please contact 22804093
|Name this director|
POINT OF VIEW
1. Identify this cricketer
2. Identify this engineer
1. Naseeruddin Shah
4. Julius Caesar
7. Sri Lanka
8. C Rajagopalachari
9. Sherlock Holmes
WHO AM I ? Francois Roland Truffaut
POINT OF VIEW1 Claire Taylor
POINT OF VIEW2 Alexandre Gustave Eiffel