- Bengal to go for its three-tier panchayat polls on 8 July in a single-phase
- Process of submission of nominations to begin from Friday, June 9
- Last day for submission of nomination is June 15 (except Sunday), last day of withdrawal is June 20... both in offline mode
- Counting likely to take place on July 11
- Elections in Darjeeling and Kalimpong districts would take place in two tiers
- Following announcement of the poll schedule, the election code of conduct gets imposed across all rural body areas of the state with immediate effect
- The announcements were made on Wednesday afternoon by the state’s newly-appointed election commissioner Rajiva Sinha
This is a breaking news story, more details will be added soon. Please keep refreshing this page.