Calcutta/ Dhaka: Bangladesh are having a tough time in terms of cricket. Not really on the field, but off it.
After Australia cancelled their tour last month, now the South African women's cricket team has postponed their tour to Bangladesh once again. The South African women's team were originally scheduled to visit in October, but the tour was postponed in the wake of the murders of an Italian aid worker and a Japanese farmer.
A media release from Cricket South Africa on Tuesday said that it was necessary to postpone the tour as they would not be able to field a full squad as some of their players wouldn't be available because of security concerns, or other issues.
Obviously, the security concern bit stood out because of the circumstances.
"Cricket South Africa (CSA) has announced with regret the postponement of the Momentum Women's National Team's tour to Bangladesh which had been rescheduled to start later this week. This became necessary as South Africa will not be able to field a full squad.
"This is most unfortunate as a number of our players are unavailable to tour because of personal security concerns, work or the end of year study and exams at this time of year", the CSA statement said.
The Bangladesh Cricket Board had made the announcement about the postponement on Monday, and CSA's statement only confirms that development.
The South African women's team were scheduled to arrive in Dhaka on Tuesday, to play three one-day Internationals and four T20 Internationals. "South African cricket authorities told us that their women's team cannot come on Tuesday," BCB chief executive officer Nizamuddin Chowdhury was quoted as saying.