The Telegraph
Saturday , July 19 , 2014
CIMA Gallary

Shop fire

A fire broke out in a ground-floor leather goods shop at Firpo’s market on JL Nehru Road on Friday afternoon. Fire officials suspect a short circuit in the meter box at the store led to the fire.

No one was injured but goods worth several lakhs of rupees were destroyed, officers of New Market police station said. The police said the fire was spotted around 12.30pm. By the time two fire tenders reached the spot, shopkeepers had almost doused the flames.

A blaze had reduced the 150-year-old market to a charred shell on April 23, 2002.