The Telegraph
Thursday , March 20 , 2014
CIMA Gallary

Market hub for displaced

Life is set to become better for 1,134 underground fire-affected families of Dhanbad, who have been shifted to 2,352 quarters at Jharia Vihar Colony in Belgarhia, as all basic amenities will be within easy reach.

Jharia Rehabilitation and Development Authority (JRDA) on Wednesday issued applications for allotment of shops at the newly constructed market complex at the colony.

Rehabilitation and resettlement in charge of JRDA Gopal Ji said: “The last date for submitting application is March 31. We would finalise the list of names of the beneficiaries soon.”

A committee headed by Dhanbad SDO Abhishek Srivastava has been entrusted with the task of carrying out the allotment process.

The other members of the panel comprise Gopal Ji himself, JRDA’s land acquisition officer Yugal Kishore and Baliapur circle officer Vishal Kumar among others.

According to the modalities fixed by the committee, 75 per cent of the shops would go to the displaced families and the rest 25 per cent to the land losers on whose plots the Jharia Vihar Colony has come up.

“The allotment of shops for the displaced would be done through lottery system,” Gopal Ji said.

As for the land loser segment, the committee would scan the applications and come up with the final list.

Messers B Roy Enterprises was awarded the contract to build the two-storey market complex in September 2011.

The project was completed at a total cost of Rs 73.30 lakh in February 2014.

The building comprise 24 shops, excluding a bank and post office. The ground floor houses 16 shops of 13.89sqm each, while there are eight similar shops on the first floor.

All the shops would be allotted for a period of 11 years on lease.

An advance of Rs 25,000 would be charged for eight shops situated at the corners, while Rs 20,000 would be the refundable amount for the remaining 16 outlets.

A monthly rent would be collected by JRDA at a rate of Rs 3 per sqft for each shop.

Notably, the market is the second facility to be developed by JRDA after it opened a children’s park, sprawling over 62500sqft, in the colony.

Next in line is a temple, mosque and school.

Tenders for construction of boundary wall of a crematorium and burial ground have also been recently issued.