The Telegraph
Tuesday , December 11 , 2012
Since 1st March, 1999
CIMA Gallary

Kate recovery takes a turn for the worse

Dec. 10: Kate, the duchess of Cambridge, suffered a setback in her recovery from severe pregnancy sickness when her condition deteriorated yesterday.

Kate, who spent three nights in hospital last week being treated for hyperemesis gravidarum, took a turn for the worse as she spent the weekend at Kensington Palace.

William, the duke of Cambridge, pulled out of an official engagement at the British Military Tournament at Earl’s Court, London, last night, so he could look after his wife.

The news came amid a row over the apparent suicide of a nurse between the hospital that treated Kate and an Australian radio station that made a hoax call of which the nurse was a victim.

The two presenters who made the call will be questioned by Australian police following a request by Scotland Yard, which will gather evidence for an inquest into Mrs Saldanha’s death.

Kate, 30, had said she was feeling “much better” when she was discharged from hospital on Thursday morning, and on Saturday night was well enough for William to feel able to attend an engagement at the Royal Albert Hall.

But at lunchtime yesterday, St James’s Palace announced that William would be “spending Sunday privately with Kate” instead of going to Earl’s Court. A St James’s Palace spokesman said: “It is well known that hyperemesis gravidarum often recurs and, until further notice, to allow Kate a degree of privacy during her pregnancy, we do not intend to offer regular condition checks or advise of routine developments associated with it.”

Kate’s condition was not serious enough for her doctors to consider sending her back to hospital, but women with the condition can experience symptoms for months and need repeated hospital admissions. William is expected to stay by his wife’s side until Thursday, as he had taken time off from his work as an RAF search and rescue pilot to carry out several engagements.