With just over two months left until the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) in 2022, it’s time to gear up your preparations if you want to get into medical school. Once you clear this exam, you’re eligible for admission to various medical courses like MBBS, BDS, AYUSH (BAMS), and BVSc & AH (Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry).
Important dates for application and registration:
Online submission of the application form: April 6 to May 6, 2022
Last date of fee submission: May 7, 2022
NEET 2022 exam date: July 17, 2022
- Click here for NEET 2022 online registration.
You need to be at least 17 years of age and have Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology as mandatory subjects in Class XI-XII. You also need at least 50% aggregate in your Class XII board exams. There is no upper age limit.
Things you need to know:
- Duration of the NEET exam: According to the most recent update, the exam will last 200 minutes and will be held from 2pm to 5:20pm for all students.
- Mode of NEET question paper: It's a pen-and-paper examination conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). You will be given an OMR sheet to fill out with a black or blue ballpoint pen
Language/Medium: You can opt for a question paper in any one of the following 13 languages: English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Odia, Punjabi, Malayalam, Kannada and Urdu.
- Test booklet: You will be provided with a bilingual test booklet in a selected regional language as well as in English.
Exam pattern for NEET 2022:
- There will be a total of 720 marks in the exam.
- There will be 200 questions in total. You need to answer 180 of them, with 45 questions from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology.
- The questions will be separated into two sections: Section A and Section B.
- Each of the four subjects will have 35 questions in Section A and 15 questions in Section B.
- You need to answer 10 out of the 15 questions in Section B.
- Every correct attempt is worth four points each.
- One mark will be deducted for every wrong attempt.
- No marks for unanswered questions.
You must answer multiple choice questions (MCQs) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology) as per the NEET syllabus in the NEET 2022 exam.
- Physical-world and measurement
- Laws of motion
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism kinematics
- Current electricity
- Work, energy and power
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
- The motion of systems of particles and rigid body
- Electromagnetic waves
- Atoms and nuclei
- The behaviour of perfect gas and kinetic theory
- Devices gravitation
- Optics properties of bulk matter
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Oscillations and wave
- Some basic concepts of Chemistry
- Solid state
- Classification of elements and periodicity in Properties — electrochemistry
- Structure of atom
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Chemical kinetics
- General principles and processes of isolation of elements equilibrium
- P block elements
- States of matter: Gases and liquids
- Surface chemistry
- Redox reactions
- D and F block elements
- Coordination compounds
- s-block elements (Alkali and alkaline earth metals)
- Haloalkanes and haloarenes
- Organic chemistry – some basic principles and techniques like aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids
- Some p-block elements
- Alcohols, phenols, and ethers
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen
- Environmental chemistry
- Biomolecules, polymers and chemistry in everyday life
This section is divided into two categories: Botany and Zoology.
- Structural organisation — plants and animals
- Genetics and evolution
- Cell structure and function
- Biology and human welfare
- Diversity in the living world
- Human physiology
- Ecology and environment
- Plant physiology
- Biotechnology and its applications