Winter is here and so is the exam season that we all dread. Shorter days and longer nights are followed by repeated sessions of revising and staying indoors with your books. We, at Edugraph, have come up with a solution to help you ace your board exams with ease.
The Telegraph Online Edugraph aims to make your board exam a stress-free experience, as we have brought together tips and tricks to ace your Physics paper for the upcoming board exams.
So, ICSE class 10 students fret not, Mrs. Shinjini Sengupta, Physics teacher from La Martiniere for Girls, Kolkata will give you the exam prep you need. Read on to know more.
ICSE Class 10 Physics Question Paper format:
The question paper for Physics is of 80 marks.
The question format for this year, 2023 has changed. The paper is split into 2 sections.
Section A (compulsory) of 40 marks. It comprises of:
Q1) 15 MCQ questions each of 1 mark (15×1=15)
Q2) 6 short answer questions of 2 marks each and 1 question of 3 marks [(2×6)+3=15]
Q3) 5 questions of 2 marks each (2×5=10)
Meanwhile, Section B of the ICSE Physics paper is of 40 marks [candidates have to attempt 4 questions out of 6 questions in this section]
- This section consists of questions 4 to 9 each worth 10 marks (divided into 3 sub parts)
II. How to prepare before the Examination:
- Revise each chapter thoroughly and practice writing the answers from the previous year's questions.
- Keywords in each answer must be underlined while revising. All reasoning-based answers and definitions must have keywords.
- Practice all numericals given after each chapter of the textbook.
- While solving the numericals, write all parameters given and then substitute them in the formula. All steps must be shown and the final answer must have a proper unit.
III. How to cope with stress before exams:
- Students must ensure that they get sound sleep of at least 7 hours every night before the examination.
- They should have a proper intake of food to remain in good health before the examination.
- Taking small breaks in between studies is essential as it helps students to remain stress-free, especially during the exam session.
A little relaxation is vital for mental health and will help them clear their head.
IV. Time allotment for each chapter:
All numerical-based chapters need more time for practice. It depends upon the student, some may find numericals easier than subjective-type answers.
In Physics except for definitions and laws, mostly application-based questions are usually asked.
Hope the aforementioned pointers have given you clarity and a sense of the exam structure and confidence to crack your ICSE Physics board exam 2023. Wishing you all the best for your exam!