The engineering and technological wing of JU is all set to present its famous SANSKRITI, a 9-day cultural extravaganza that features the best of the best talents in the city. The events will be held on the two campuses of the university (Jadavpur and Salt Lake) from 1 to 9 April. If you are an individual who thinks of breaking down stereotypes and rigidly defined boundaries, chances are you will resonate with the motto of SANSKRITI. The fest's 44 years of living heritage has seen phenomenal instances of cultural awakening and an amalgamation of the new with the classics.
SANSKRITI, as is said at the JU campus, is a whiff of fresh air that washes away stale bits of stagnation. F.E.T.S.U. presents SANSKRITI provides a unique and one-of-a-kind platform for every performer who aspires to get on a stage and dreams of shattering the age-old world perimeters with their art forms. Some of the on stage events of the fest includes:
- Raag N Josh -Eastern Band Competition
- Jam It -Western Band Competition
- Tarana - Eastern Vocals Competition
- Natalaya -Drama Competition
- Ghoongrooz -Eastern Choreography
- Moon Walk -Western Choreography
- Rendition -Western Vocals
- Dance Bout -Dance Battle
- Rap Battle
- Beat Box
- Guitar Wars - Guitar Soloing Competition
However, if your art doesn't take you on stage then worry not SANSKRITI has some great Off-Stage events like:
- Think Twice -Debate Competition
- Graffiti Wars
- Shoot At Sight -Photography Competition
- Poster/T-shirt/Face Painting
- Inquizzitive -Quiz Competition
- Sketchophile -Drawing Competition
- Creative Writing
There's no registration fee for any of the aforementioned events and if any of these events are of your interest, you can directly register by clicking here.
Apart from being a showcase of young talents, SANSKRITI'23, also has some musical gifts for its guests. The college has invited some iconic bands to play at its campus. So get your friends along and groove along with legendary bands.