The National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) has begun its application process for its 2022 internships in Guwahati, where it’s offering three opportunities in Meghalaya, Guwahati and Assam.
Candidates selected will go through a training process that will include field experience in construction of civil engineering works, particularly roads, bridges, flyovers and underpasses among others within Assam and Meghalaya.
Selected students are expected to fulfil the following responsibilities:
- The candidate is required to visit the site and conduct survey and investigation, quality checks including carrying out experiments in both laboratories as well as field study the DPRs, estimates, and alignments.
- The candidate will also visit the green field alignment sections, based on the study reports and traffic, requirement of cross drainage structures, requirement of underpasses for ease movement of pedestrians.
- The candidates will also receive exposure to different regulatory frameworks such as clearance from other departments such as the Railways, IWAI, Forest and Environment.
Selected candidates will be engaged for a period of two months for the internship and a stipend of Rs 5,000 per month will be paid.
This internship opportunity aims to provide interns with the opportunity to know about the government functioning and development policies of the Government of India.
Candidates must fulfil the following criterias to be eligible for the internship :
- Students pursuing BE or BTech.
- Applicants should be available for a period of two months.
- Those who wish to pursue the internship should have interest in the specified domain.
Application process :
Aspiring candidates can apply for this internship by filling up the application form at the official website. The last date of application is on January 23, 2022.
Applicants will first have to register with the TULIP portal by providing institute name, student Id, email ID and mobile number. Post registration, students can log in using their email Id and password to apply for the internship.