A webinar on the education and skill sector will be held on February 21 as part of a series hosted by the Government of India to facilitate the efficient implementation of Union Budget 2022-23 announcements.
The objective is to brainstorm with experts from the public and private sectors, academia and industry and identify strategies on how best to move forward.
The webinar on February 21 will have sessions on different themes of relevance and will witness the participation of officials from various ministries and state governments, industry representatives, skill development organisations, educationists, students and other experts.
The themes identified for the webinar are:
- Digital University: Making World Class Higher Education Accessible for All
- The Digital Teacher: Creating quality e-content and Virtual Labs for Inclusivity, Better Learning Outcomes and Skilling
- Widening Reach of One Class One Channel: Reaching Quality Digital Education to the Farthest Corner
- India Specific Knowledge in Urban Planning and Design
- Towards Fostering Stronger Industry-Skill Linkage
- Developing Educational Institutions in GIFT City
- Strengthening Industry-Skill Linkage in AVGC
Seven parallel breakout sessions will be held under the identified themes. Action points, broad strategies and timelines for implementation in line with principles of ease of education and focus on harnessing employment opportunities will be identified by the participating teams.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the plenary session.