The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) is hosting a week-long event called ‘Azadi Ka Digital Mahotsav’ to mark the 75th year of independence and showcase how digital technology has triggered self-reliance in every sphere of life in the country.
The event will commence from November 29 and conclude on December 5. Electronics & IT minister Ashwini Vaishnaw, Electronics and IT minister for state Rajeev Chandrasekha, senior officials and industry stalwarts will inaugurate the event.
Schedule for Azadi Ka Digital Mahotsav:
- November 29: The first day will witness the launch of 75@75 India’s AI Journey, 75 Success Stories under Digital India, Digital India video, MSH as Independent Business Division, and Announcement of Policy for Delivery of UMANG Services in Assisted Mode. It will also include a session on “Public Digital Platforms enabling Good Governance” and presentations on successful eGovernance initiatives and interactions with various states andUTs.
- November 30: There will be sessions like “Leveraging AI to Build Solutions at Population Scale”, “Use of Emerging Technologies for Social Empowerment-Blockchain, AR, VR, Drone, IoT&GIS”, “Strengthening Startup Ecosystem Post-Pandemic” and “New Paradigm and Emerging Trends”.. The Grand Finale of Responsible AI for Youth-National Programme for Government Schools will have awards given to the top 20 projects. Winners of BHUMI-BSF GrandChallenge will also be awarded.
- December 1: The third day will have multiple panel discussions on the theme “Making India Atma Nirbhar in ESDM-Roadmap to achieve the $250 Bn in Electronics Manufacturing by 2025-26”. There will be discussions on “Scaling Up Production and Making India Export Hub for Mobile Phone & IT Hardware”, “Making India Atma Nirbhar in Electronic Components”, “Making India Atma Nirbhar in Emerging Technologies and New Age Devices” and “Developing a Semiconductor & Display Ecosystem in India”. Leading electronics companies contributing to “Make in India'' will be recognised and awarded.
- December 2: There will be a session on “CSC Empowering Citizens under Digital India,” showcasing film on CSC. There will also be addresses by key officials, exchange of MoUs on new initiatives with the Department of School Education& Literacy, Government of India, with NABARD, and with HDFC for CSC Kisan Credit Card. The day will also witness the launch of CSC Pay.
- December 3: The theme for the fifth day is “Making India Atma Nirbhar in Swadeshi Compute Designs”. There will be panel discussions on “Making India Atma Nirbhar with Swadeshi Microprocessors” and demonstration of stalls of 30 finalists under Swadeshi Microprocessor Challenge and award ceremony for top 10 winners.
- December 4: “Azadi ka Digital Mahotsav with MyGov” will be a day-long mela of citizen engagement, covered with thought-provoking ideas and fun-filled activities. It will include keynote addresses by dignitaries, industry partners and interactive sessions with MyGov Saathis. The panel discussions will involve important government functionaries, industry leaders, MyGov partners and Saathis.
- December 5: “Digital Payment Utsav'' will feature panel discussions among dignitaries from RBI, DFS, MeitY, NPCI, SBI, ICICI, HDFC, PCI, PhonePe, PayTM on the topic “DigiPay: Vision 2030”. It will also have presentations by startups, cultural activities, showcasing the journey of digital payments. The “Chutki Bajake” anthem will be launched.
Exhibition stalls will showcase Digital India initiatives, projects by school children under Responsible AI for Youth, CSC projects, payment solutions, innovations by startups, robots, drones, autonomous bots, AR and VR solutions.
Click here to watch it live: -https://www.youtube.com/DigitalIndiaofficial/
For more information you can go to the official website: https://amritmahotsav.negd.in/