École Centrale School of Engineering, Mahindra University, Hyderabad, has introduced five new-age interdisciplinary MTech programmes in Computer Science & Engineering, Data Science & Artificial Intelligence, Embedded Systems & Very Large Scale Integration, Systems Engineering and Power Electronics and Renewable Energy Systems: Sustainable Energy Management & Solutions has been growing rapidly in today’s times. This course has been structured according to the demand, interest of students and current development in the field.
The duration of each of the courses is two years. They will be taught along
with current programmes such as MTech in Autonomous Electric Vehicle (AEV) and MTech in Computer-Aided Structural Engineering (CASE).
The details of the new courses are as follows:
● Computer Science & Engineering (CSE): The curriculum of this course has been designed to polish the knowledge and understanding of the core subject in accordance with recent research and development.
● Data Science & Artificial Intelligence (AI): It is an advance-level course that helps students gain more knowledge on the subject. This technological domain is required in both academic and industrial spaces. Along with this, an introduction to Financial Risk Management is also included in the curriculum because in the foreseeable future this course will have a static role.
● Embedded Systems & Very Large-Scale Integration (VLSI): VLSI Design, Advanced Computer Architecture, Advanced Algorithms in Design Automation, Machine Learning for VLSI Design, Low Power VLSI Design, Logic Synthesis, Testability and Design for Testability, Logic Synthesis, and Physical Verification Flows are included in the syllabus. The laboratories at Mahindra University will soon be equipped with the latest design automation software from Synopsys for students to have an on-hand experience.
● Systems Engineering: This course is designed to impart knowledge and education on an advanced level to students interested in learning more about System Engineering. The syllabus of this course includes Energy Management System, Architecture, Design, Operation Research etc.
● Power Electronics and Renewable Energy Systems: Sustainable Energy Management & Solutions has been growing rapidly in today’s times. This course has been structured according to the demand, interest of students and current development in the field.
The new programmes will help boost the level of advancement in upcoming technological domains. The basic structure of the course is designed in such a way that it caters to the understanding of the inter-disciplinary blend of engineering from systematical understanding to real-life applications.
Mahendra University vice-chancellor Yajulu Meduru shared the vision behind introducing the new courses. “Over the past few years, the Indian job market has experienced a tectonic shift in terms of required tech talent. Owing to the increased digitalisation and the resulting upswing in demand for premium tech talent, India is projected to face a shortage of 14-19 lakh tech professionals by 2026.
Our vision behind the introduction of these new-age MTech programmes is to bridge this talent demand-supply gap by imparting best-in-class education to our students while equipping them with superlative industry-ready skills,” he said.
Bishnu P. Pal, dean of School of Engineering and Academics, said the new courses will educate the engineers of tomorrow by “helping them adapt to global engineering and IoT challenges and adopt new-age technologies that would help redefine the future of IoT and engineering in India”.
Graduates with a minimum aggregate of 60% can apply for the courses. Candidates with a score of 80% and above in GATE have to appear for an interview, while those with less than 80% in GATE have to appear for the entrance examination conducted by the École Centrale School of Engineering, Mahindra University.