The admit cards for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) have been released by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur.
Candidates who are to appear for the examination can access these admit cards from the official website of the institute - gate.iitkgp.ac.in.
GATE primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science for admission into the Masters Programme and Recruitment by some public sector companies.
The exam is conducted by IIT Kharagpur and six other IITs in Mumbai, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Chennai and Roorkee, and the Indian Institute of Science (IIS) Bengaluru
Steps to download the admit card for GATE 2022 :
Step 1 : Visit the official website of IIT Kharagpur - https://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/
Step 2: Click on the link - “Download Admit Card”.
Step 2 : Type in your GATE 2022 identification number and other login credentials to move on to the next window.
Step 3 : Click on the ‘Submit’ option and the website will directly view and download the GATE 2022 admit cards.
With the upcoming exams, two new papers have been introduced in the GATE 2022 this year. Geomatics Engineering (GE) and Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (NM).
Geomatics Engineering (GE)
- The paper contains General Aptitude (GA) section (15 Marks) as applicable for all papers of GATE 2022.
- Rest of the paper consists of two parts covering the syllabus, part A (55 marks) and part B (30 marks).
- Part A is compulsory for all candidates.
- Part B contains two optional sections, section I and section II. Candidates have to choose any one of these during the examination. No separate score and ranking will be provided based on selection of sections.
Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (NM)
- The paper contains a General Aptitude (GA) section (15 marks) as applicable for all papers of GATE 2022.
- Rest of the paper will have 85 marks covering the syllabus.
GATE 2022 is scheduled to be held from February 4, 2022 to February 13, 2022.
Watches, smartphones, rough pads and wallets are not allowed in the examination hall. Candidates are only allowed to carry pen, pencil, transparent water bottle, small sanitisers and face masks in the examination hall.